Thursday, May 3, 2007

op-ed: the highest paying job i hope to have one day

according to a new research study from salary.com, inc, if the typical stay-at-home mom in the united states was paid for the work she did at home (i.e. housekeeping, cook, babysitter, psychologist) she would earn over $138,000 a year. which honestly is still too low i think. and is that only if you have one child? i would imagine this fake salary would have to be more if you had more than one kid.

the study mentioned that the average mom put in an average of 92 hours of work per week, so the salary was figured at 40 hours a week base pay at 52 hours of overtime.

seriously though, if this were an actual paying job, i wouldn't even wait to get married. i'd go to the nearest sperm bank and get to the baby making. that or have a really hot one night stand with the best looking guy. that might require me getting him drunk on my part. but small price to pay if it resulted in a job paying me six figures.

now i know being a mom is hard work. my mom has told me that for the last 26 years of my existence. but if it allowed me to stay at home and get paid for it, sign me up. and if there's a pay increase with each kid, let me know.

No comments: