Monday, May 14, 2007

from the desk of: the publicist

Kelly Clarkson will guest on The SIRIUS Hits 1 Morning Mash Up and open up about her pick for this year’s American Idol and her relationship with the show. She also addresses rumors about her third album, My December slated to be released July 24, 2007, as well as talking about her worst blind date ever, and much more.

Kelly Clarkson’s third album My December is slated to be released by RCA later this summer.

The SIRIUS interview will air May 18 @ 7 am, 8 am, 9 am, and 10 am (All times Eastern).

*update* below are excerpts from her interview with sirius:

on who will win american idol:

SIRIUS Hits 1: So who do you think is winnin’?

KELLY CLARKSON: I think Jordin.

SIRIUS Hits 1: That’s what we said.

KELLY CLARKSON: I like Blake he’s interesting. He’s new, something different, and I think he did really good with the Bon Jovi song, but I think either Blake or Jordan.

in her free time:
SIRIUS Hits 1: How is it to hang with Kelly Clarkson? What do you do for fun? You seem like the coolest chick we’ve ever had on the show.

KELLY CLARKSON: I like to drink with my friends. I like to go out. I love “Guitar Hero.” Oh my God, have ya’ll played it?

SIRIUS Hits 1: That is a dope game.

KELLY CLARKSON: I’m addicted to this game! I feel like I’m not a videogame girl and then all of a sudden my friends are like, ‘You’re gonna love this! So just try it!’ So I go out and I get it. It’s almost like it’s attached to my body, the guitar, and it’s a video game! But it’s kinda like the Wii, like you play tennis and you just kinda do that. It’s so much fun. We’re taking it on tour. It’s the most amazing game. I do a lot with my friends, ha ha!

on dating:
SIRIUS Hits 1: Is it hard for you to date? Is it hard for Kelly Clarkson to go out there and date?

KELLY CLARKSON: Oh, it is. I mean, it’s hard dating in general. But it’s definitely hard when everyone in the world knows who you are. So that’s hard.

SIRIUS Hits 1: What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?

KELLY CLARKSON: Oh my God, oh my God, this is the worst date. Ok, I have never done the blind date thing, except for one time in my life, and it was this guy who wouldn’t stop asking his friend, and I’d never met him, and apparently he kept coming into the club I was cocktailing at, and he kept telling his friend, “Get her to go out with me.’ So, long story, after like months of this happening, I finally go out with him. The guy is a little short, like he’s a little taller than me. I’m obviously 5’ 3 ½,” I’m not a giant. So anyway I have no problem with it. I don’t care, you’re taller than me, like so I’m fine with it. And he literally, the entire date, he made self deprecating jokes about his height, and I was like, ‘You are like the word turnoff in the dictionary, and you’re right besides it.’

No comments: