Monday, June 11, 2007

paris to barbara: "i will never again drink and drive"


this morning on the view, barbara walters spoke with kathy hilton (mom of jailbird paris hilton) when paris herself rang on the other line and asked to speak to barbara.

now i haven't watched the view today, but here's a transcript of what paris told wawa:

On life after jail: I want to do different things when I’m out of here. I used to act dumb. It was an act. And that act is no longer cute. It’s not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me. I’m 26-years-old and it’s a different time.

On finding God: I’ve become much more spiritual. God has given me this new chance. My spirit or soul did not like the way I was being seen and that is why I was sent to jail. God has released me.

On future projects: Hilton would like to help in the field of breast cancer [her maternal grandmother suffered from the disease]) or Multiple Sclerosis [her paternal grandmother was afflicted with the illness]. She might get toy companies to build a Paris Hilton playhouse for children, where sick children might come.

On passing the time behind-bars: Walters said Hilton has been reading newspapers like the LA Times and The Wall Street Journal. She is also reading books like The Secret, The Power of Now and The Bible. On learning her lesson the hard way: I will never again drink and drive.

i'm not sure what my favorite part is...when she said she "acted" dumb and that 26-year old girls don't do that....that she reads the WSJ...that she's found God...or that she's reading the secret. even from behind bars she has found a way to annoy me.

No comments: